Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Demitri the snuggle-bunny


Ah yes. Sooner or later it all comes down to doggies on the bed. Especially those little ones.

Demitri has been sleeping in his bed every night. Mind you, it's within arm's reach of my bed, so he's not lonely or anything. But last night while I was reading, he got up, skittered away to take a run and then jumped up beside me. I would have pushed him off. I should have pushed him off. But he snuggled up and heaved a big sigh, and I was powerless.

Don: 'What are you doing on the bed?'
Demitri: blink. blink.

And that was the end of the conversation. That's why so many little dogs sleep on their owner's beds. They're just so nice to snuggle with, and whenever you wake up there they are, like a living, breathing teddy bear.

No comments: